Oxbow Meet the Brewer Friday March 16th 5pm
(5 drafts, all upstairs, plus rare bottle pours)
We are ecstatic to be welcoming our friends from Oxbow Brewing Company for their Louisiana debut! Tim Adams (head brewer/owner) and Will Sears (label artist) will be joining us for an evening of amazing Farmhouse Ales and experimental styles. These beers are near and dear to our heart and we are beyond excited to be offering several of them on draft as well as some special bottle pours.
Oxbow has specialized in brewing traditional Belgian-style Farmhouse Ales since its humble beginnings in 2011. Since then, the brewery has kept true to its roots, brewing small batches of stellar ales (and some lagers!), all of which is overseen by the incredibly talented Oxbow crew.
We have a very limited amount of these beers and therefore don’t anticipate them lasting. This event is not ticketed and the beers will be served on a first come, first served basis. The beer list for the event is as follows…
- Farmhouse Pale Ale – Farmhouse Ale, exclusively brewed with American-grown hops.
- Crossfade – well-hopped, stainless steel-aged, Saison, fermented with Brett.
- Moon Rocks – Grisette of mixed fermentation, brewed with wheat and spelt.
- Cavern – Farmhouse Ale, age brewed with Cara Cara orange zest, then aged in oak puncheons with Cara Cara orange, mixed yeast cultures, and bacteria.
- BOBASA – Blend of 3 vintages of smoked Biere de Garde, barrel-aged in white wine barrels.
Rare (some quite hard to find) Bottle Pours:
- Barrel-Aged Farmhouse Pale Ale – A blend of varying vintages of the Farmhouse Pale Ale, aged in French & American Oak.
- Sasuga – Farmhouse Ale brewed with rice, then aged in stainless steel.
- Liquid Swords 2017 – Oxbow’s annual Grand Cru blend of barrel-aged Biere de Gardes and dark Farmhouse Ales.
- Arboreal – Amber Sour Ale, fermented and aged in American Oak.
- Life On – Barrel-aged Biere de Mars. Blend of fresh and aged ales.
- Catalyst – Barrel-aged Farmhouse Ale, brewed with honey, aged in oak, and fermented with mixed cultures.
- Cletus – Barrel-aged dark Farmhouse Ale, fermented with mixed cultures and aged in freshly emptied Bourbon barrels.
- Momoko – Barrel-aged Farmhouse Ale with peaches.