Join us Saturday December 1st for “Zwanze Day”
Zwanze at the Pub is more than just the one beer. We celebrate the style of spontaneous brewing as well as exquisite Belgian beers all weekend. Because there is always only ONE keg of Zwanze, we cellar beers all year long for tapping on that day and we encourage our guests to think past just the Zwanze and come make a weekend of it. Special tappings on Friday night (the night before) and Saturday morning will give you plenty of rare beer to enjoy while you wait for the official Zwanze Tapping at 2pm!
Zwanze Weekend 2012 – Friday Night Speciality Pour list:
* indicates rare bottles that will be opened and sold by the glass only
[expand title=”Open Zwanze List” swaptitle=”Close List”]
- Tilquin Gueuze
- Drie Fonteinen Zwet B
- Cantillon Gueuze
- Trois Dames Grande Dames Oude Bruin
- Cantillon St Lamvinus*
- Struise Earthmonk*
- Baladin NORA sour Edition
- Freitgeist Abraxxus Berliner Weiss
- My Blueberry Nightmare
- Lover Beer Madamin
- Abbey de St Bon Chien 2011
- Evil Twin Uber Tart Sour Cherry Berliner Weiss
- De la Senne Taras Boubla
- De La Senne Zinnebier
- Stillwater Femme Fatale Brett
- Stillwater Barrel Aged Debauched
- Evil Twin Lil b Imperial Stout
- Evil Twin Soft DK Vanilla Imperial Stout
- Emelisse Sorachi Ace Imperial Stout
- Hof Ten Dormal Barrel Aged Project #2 (Cognac barrels)
- De Dotcher Peated Embrasse
- Blaugies La Moneuse
the list is still developing…more info to come!
Additional speciality beers poured on Saturday
- Cantillon Mamouche
- Drie Fonteinen Golden Blend (4 year Gueuze)*
- Setembre Augullons*
- Cantillon Zwanze 2010 (available at 2pm)*
- Cantillon Zwanze 2012 (available at 2pm)
For our complete bottle list, click here
We are still finalizing our pour list for the weekend and some beers may change.
We have not yet been given pricing on Zwanze so we can’t provide a firm ticket price.
Zwanze Day Ticket
Will include 2 different 6 ounce pours of your choice (while supplies last) of the beers listed. Estimated price $12 (plus sales tax).
- Cantillon Zwanze 2010 (Blanche de Qeunast)
- Cantillon Mamouche (Elderflower Lambic)
- Cantillon Gueuze (3 year lambic blend)
- Cantillon St Lamvinus (wine grape lambic)
- Cantillon Zwanze 2012 (Rhubarb lambic)
- Poirve et Sel Wine,Olivier Le Masson (from the Pinot d’Aunis harvest used for Zwanze 2011)
- Plop Blow Wizz Wine, Olivier Le Masson (from the Pinot d’Aunis Harvest used for Zwanze 2011)
Tickets can only be purchased in person on the day of the event.
The Zwanze 2012 Tapping will be at 2pm, but some of the other beers will be available prior to 2pm. Zwanze 2010 and 2012 will NOT be sold separately from the ticket. The other Cantillon beers & Olivier le Masson wines can be purchased by the glass in addition to the ticket(while supplies last). Purchasing a ticket is not a guarantee that the ticket holder will get any particular beer listed on the ticket. We only sell 135 tickets but IF there is more waste than we expect in a keg or a bottle, we could run out.
Ticket sales will not begin until shortly prior to the Zwanze tapping on December 1st. We will keep track of those who arrive earlier and tickets will be sold to those indiviuals in the order in which they arrived at the Pub.
We have a small bar and lots of people waiting can clog up the works. Please do not arrive early and occupy seating until you are ready to order something. Your name will be put on the “arrival list” when you have ordered your first beer and I will personally be walking around to let people know when to buy their tickets. Initially the upstairs bar will be closed but when the downstairs fills up those who arrived first will be given first crack at moving upstairs for the balcony seating. Zwanze will be tapped in the upstairs bar.
We have now successfully run several of these high profile tappings. The feedback we’ve gotten from customers is that their experience is relaxing and fun. They never have to worry if someone will push in front of them, they don’t have to stand in line or get to the bar 6 hours before a tapping to insure they get to drink the beer they came for. All the fabulous rare beers we tap mean a fun time while you wait for the Zwanze tapping at 2pm. Plan to make a day of it at the Pub. We won’t sell you a ticket or put your name on the waiting list if you plan to leave and come back. Only people present will be put and kept on the “arrival list” or sold a ticket.
Please do NOT bring your own beer to open & share with customers on Zwanze weekend.
Normally we allow our customers to bring in a bottle or two of rare beer or homebrew to open and pour for their friends. This weekend is simply too busy for us to accommodate for this.
We look forward to seeing you on Zwanze Day!