Unlike a lot of other bars in the city, the Holidays are usually pretty slow for us! We’d love to see you if you’re in town – come visit during the holidays, you wont find the Pub overcrowded like a lot of other places.
The Balcony will be CLOSED on Thursday/Thanksgving Day and the kitchen will not open until 4pm.
Starting the week after Thanksgiving the Balcony will open every day at 5pm! This week we are going to celebrate American Craft Beer; Thanksgiving is an American Holiday after all. Look for these to go on tap (we will have growler pricing on all of them so you can bring them to your Holiday meals):
- The Companion – Brooklyns newest Brewmaster reserve is a distinctly American Style American Wheat Wine. I had it in New York at the brewery and really liked it.
- Vanilla Gorilla – Red Brick brewing Brewmasters reserve. Imperial porter with Vanilla and kind of a cult favorite in Atlanta.
- Sailing Santa – St. Arnolds Winter Ale blended with St. Arnolds Elyssa IPA. I’ve had it…its yummy!
- Vintage Double Bastard 2009 – Stone brewing. Yep, Ive been cellaring this keg from the very first delivery we ever got from Stone!
- American Strong Ale – Ovila Quad Sierra Nevada. The last in the Ovila series, this beer was made by the Monks of the Abbey Of New Clairveaux and Sierra Nevada proceeds go back to the Abbey.
- Bière Noire – Bayou Teche Brewery. Our Cajun friends made a black ale. Its roasty but light in body…good for those November days that still hit th 80 degree mark!
- Celebration IPA – Seirra Nevada. SN’s iconic winter IPA. Many people consider it the best IPA on the market but it’s only made at Holiday time.
- Good Chit Pilsner – Rogue. Another special order from Rogue, this is part of their homegrown series & getting rave reviews online.
- Southern Gentleman – Lazy Magnolia Brewery. Barrel aged Pecan Ale, a new batch. They didn’t make much; the keg on Friday only lasted a couple of hours!
Now that Belgian fest is over look for the following to come back: Hopsickle (already on tap), Stone Ruination, Racer 5
Friday November 25th: NOLA Smokey Mary. This beer is just about gone in the market…might be your last chance, certainly your last chance on the beer engine!
Friday December 4th: Stillwater Autumnal
Friday December 11th: Irish Channel Stout, NOLA Brewery. Yay! our favorite NOLA seasonal is Back!
Wed. November 23rd – a slection of the new beers we put on line this week: Brooklyn Companion, Vanilla Goriila, Ovila Quad and Celebration IPA
Wed. November 30th – Christmas Beers! More later on this as we are still not sure what’s going to show up! Holiday beers have started arriving; on tap now are Affligem Noel and Avenitus Eisbock (cellared from 2010) more to come in the week!