More great events always added…keep in touch & be first to know – join the email list!
Friday May 6, 1pm – Come What MayHaw, Great Raft
We are thrilled to tap our 1 keg of great Rafts 1st sour beer! We’ve had it in a bottle and we are super excited that we also got a keg! Fancy glassware too! Tapping at 1pm.
- Chappapeela Kombucha Farmhouse Ale – lots of green apple and pineapple cellared for 2 years.
Saturday May 7 – Kentucky Derby Day!
We are very excited that we can finally have a Derby party that doesn’t over book Jazz fest! 2pm till the end of the race! (post is 5:34 Central)
- $11 Woodford Mint Juleps served in a Woodford Reserve Julep cup while supplies last.
- $11 Woodford Reserve Ky Mules in a Woodford Reserve copper Mule mug while supplies last.
- $10 Bourbon flights explore Avenue Pub’s single barrels. These are barrels that can ONLY be found at the Pub. Old Forester Single Barrel, Russell’s Reserve single barrel (selected by Polly & Jimmy Russell), Four Roses barrel strength single barrel OESK and Four Roses 100 proof single barrel OBSV. Choose 3 for $10.
Ladies in hats & men in seersucker, linen, or bow ties receive $2 off their Juleps!
Best Women’s Derby Hat receives an engraved Avenue Pub Derby party bottle of Woodford Reserve & a $25 Avenue Pub gift certificate (sorry guys, but every Southern Gentlemen knows it’s bad form to wear your hat inside the bar). We will take pictures throughout the day of you and your hats – the winner will be announced after the Derby has run!
Don’t have a hat or a bow tie? Two doors down from the pub is a great little shop that carries both! Ellen Macomber Fine Art & Textiles. Want an excuse to get an over the top Derby hat? Polly’s favorites are Yvonne LaFleur & Fleur de Paris.
American Craft Beer Week(s) – It’s Too Big For 1 Week!
Sunday May 8
Mother’s Day annual kick off to American Craft Beer Week(s) with Bayou Teche!
- Zapps Gose
- Giant Hop for Mankind – DIPA
- Saison d’Ecrevisses
- Old Hard Head – Scotch Ale brewed for RikenJack’s (may tap this before…)
Monday May 9, 6pm – Bell’s roll-out at the Pub
Bell’s is coming to Town & we are filling up the draft lines with everything they will send us!
Food/ dessert Pairings for the Bells beers will be available thanks to Nathaniel Zimet & The Purple Truck!
Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding, 12 Hour Roast Beef Po’boy with Horseradish Cream and Pickled Red Onions, Canadian Bacon and Garlic Potato Croquettes, Fish Sticks, Shepherd’s Pie, Stout Braised Pork Boudin
- Two Hearted IPA
- Oberon Wheat Ale With Saaz Hops
- Amber With Floral And Citrus Hops
- Oatsmobile Session Pale Ale
- Oarsman Tart Berliner Weiss
- Lager Czech Pils
- Porter – roasty & smooth
- Kalamazoo Stout – dark chocolate & coffee with a generous does of hops
- Third Coast Old Ale – rich sweet caramel barley wine
- Special Double Cream Stout – dark roast and malty sweet
- Expedition Stout – one of the original ground breaking Russian Imperial Stouts made in the US, lots of chocolate dark fruit and roasty yumminess
- Mango Habenero Oberon
Wednesday May 11 – Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America
6 beers created by Sierra Nevada & teams of small craft brewers across the country including one LA brewery.
Funky Buddha, Bayou Teche, Creature Comforts, Balebreaker, Odell, Melvin, Black Raven, Barley’s Brown, Wicked Weed, Austin Beerworks, Schells, Dark Horse, Half Acre, Perennial, Sun King Bear Republic, Faction, Dogfish Head, Lawsons, Devils Backbone, Stoudts, Trillium, Lost Abbey, Society, Smog City, Mad River, Magnolia, Maui, Bagby, Beachwood
- Sweet Sunny South Southern Table Beer
- Moxee Moran DIPA
- Family Values Imperial Brown Ale
- West Latitude Session Rye With Hibiscus Flowers
- Pat-Rye-Ot Rye Pale Ale
- Stout Of The Union
Saturday May 14 – Sours & Cheese (Beer pours at 1pm, Cheese at 3pm)
Crooked Stave on draft:
- Silly Cybies
- Hop Savant Galaxy
- Hop Savant Centennial
- Nightmare on Brett Street Cherry
- New Belgium Brewery Love Apple Felix (Apple Whiskey Sour)
- NOLA Blood Orange Rose Hips Sour
- NOLA Guava Pear Lowerline
- Wiseacre Berliner Weiss
- St James led cheese pairing class for sours
Sunday May 15
- Urban South Double Dry Hopped Holy Roller
- Galaxy & Simcoe 2pm
Tuesday May 17 – Barrel Aged Draft Night* (Upstairs Bar opens early!)
*we have cellared so many barrel aged beers that we’ve broken up our barrel aged night into two events.
The barrel aged bottles will be featured on Saturday May 21. So far we have committed:
- New Belgium Blackberry Barley Wine Aged In Bourbon Barrels
- New Belgium Salted Belgium Chocolate Stout Aged In Bourbon Barrels – Nitro Tap
- Green Flash Silva Stout 2015
- Founders KBS 2015
- Founders KBS 2016
- Great Raft Barrel Aged Old Mad Joy Pappy
- Great Raft Barrel Aged Old Mad Joy Heaven Hill
- NOLA Russell’s Reserve Barrel Aged Irish Channel Stout – Aged In Avenue Pub Single Barrels
- NOLA Old Forester Barrel Aged Irish Channel Stout – Aged In Avenue Pub Single Barrels
- NOLA Buffalo Trace Barrel Aged Irish Channel Stout – Aged In Avenue Pub Single Barrels
- Yalobusha Testify 2015
- Southern Prohibition Barley Legal – Bourbon Barrel Aged Barley Wine 2016
- Southern Prohibition Mississippi Fire Ant Aged In Smooth Ambler Barrels
- Southern Prohibition Barrel Aged Ragana
- Wiseacre Astronaut Status
and still building….
Thursday May 19 – Saisons & Sweets!
- Jester King, Blackberry Farms & Chappapeela Farms w/ Olive & Sinclair Candies
- On Draft: New Belgium le Terroir 2015
Friday May 20 – Brandy & Beer
Copper & Kings Brandy aged in these beer barrels:
- Against the Grain MacFannybaw
- Sierra Smoked Porter
- Three Floyds Dark Lord
- Oskar Blues G’Knight
There are deeply shared roots between Copper & Kings and Craft beer. These brandies were aged in barrels that also aged beer. They are each uniquely different.
Friday May 20 – Gnarly Barley Tapping at 4pm
- The Big DIPA IPA
- Imperial Korava
Saturday May 21 – Barrel Aged Bottles & Cheese Pairing
St James led cheese pairing class for barrel aged beers begins at 3pm.
Barrel aged bottles: we have cellared so many barrel aged beers that we’ve broken up our barrel aged night into two events. The barrel aged drafts will be featured on Tuesday May 17th. This is our chance to share both rare and easier to come by but exceptional barrel aged beers. Its your chance to try many of this style in one sitting!
- Northcoast Barrel Aged Old Rasputin Xvii
- Northcoast Barrel Aged Old Rasputin Xviii Rye
- Northcoast Barrel Aged Old Rasputin Xviii Wheat,
- Against The Grain Bo & Luke Pappy Van Winkle Barrel Aged
- Goose Island Bourbon County RARE – Aged In 36 Year Heaven Hill Barrels
- Sierra Nevada Narwhal – Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout 2015
- Brooklyn Black Ops – Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
- Brooklyn Cuvée Noire – Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout w/ Champagne Yeast
- Prairie Okie – Imperial Brown Ale Aged In Whiskey Barrels
- Brooklyn Hand & Seal – English Barley Wine Aged In Bourbon Barrels
- Brooklyn Quintaceratops – Whiskey Barrel Aged Belgian Quad
- Evil Twin Cognac Jesus 2015 – Imperial Stout Aged In Cognac Barrels
- Evil Twin Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Biscotti Break
- Southern Prohibition Barrel Aged Lazarus -11 Month
and the list is building….
Pub Holiday: Last Day Open May 25th!
The Pub will close May 26th at 10AM & reopen on June 8th. The Pub staff is going to Belgium! (Well, not ALL of the Pub staff but enough that we can’t keep the bar open)